The Education Program does not accept unsolicited letters of inquiry.
- We support organizations that develop and advocate for innovative ideas, practices, and tools, as well as those that participate in the public policy debate on the issues of deeper learning and open educational resources.
- We view our education grantmaking through an equity lens and pursue strategies that support deeper learning for disadvantaged students and families whose voices have historically been left off the education policy table.
- We are outcome focused and use quantitative metrics when possible to track progress toward goals.
- We offer support to develop the organizational health and effectiveness of our grantees.
- We provide long-term general operating support to institutional grantees.
- We do not consider requests to fund student aid, individual scholarships, construction, equipment and computer purchases, health research, or health education programs.
If you have general questions about Hewlett Foundation grantmaking, read our FAQ.