IT Operations Coordinator
The IT Operations Coordinator is a newly created role that offers a unique opportunity to learn about IT, provide both administrative and operational support, and be part of an organization committed to making a positive difference in the world. Since the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for a wide variety of activities and projects that impact both the department and the foundation as a whole, this person must be someone who is comfortable with technology, enjoys handling multiple support activities at the same time, and can effectively coordinate with others to complete tasks.
Successful candidates must have a track record of experience that demonstrates flexibility, creativity, a willingness to learn as well as share knowledge, a strong team orientation, and excellent problem solving skills. An in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is also key for this role.
Finally, we are seeking a candidate with excellent communication and collaboration skills. The foundation has a strong culture rooted in empowerment, collaboration, and mutual respect. It will be the Operations Coordinator’s responsibility to learn the foundation’s culture – and work within it – to achieve sustainable, long-term results. The position reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
About the Department
The IT department gets consistently high ratings from foundation employees and is known within the philanthropy sector as a source of best practices. The department consists of a four-person operations team, a four-person application development and support team, and the CIO. The operations team manages the foundation’s networks, servers, and data centers. It also handles help desk tickets, desktop builds, desktop patching, mobile device management, procurement, inventory, and audio visual support. The applications team develops and supports both custom and third party software for the foundation’s grantmaking and administrative support systems.
The IT Operations Coordinator will work with IT team members on a variety of activities and projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support for projects
- Facilitate coordination of department activities
- Organize, coordinate, and improve the department’s documentation
- Manage contracts, subscriptions, and vendors
- Administer key systems
- Provide Help Desk support
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required at an Advanced Level
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications to diverse audiences
Additional Skills and Experience Desired
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent experience preferred
- Basic system administration experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, or other project management and workflow applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make collaborative decisions with peers to expedite resolution of issues
- Proactively identifies problems that need attention, takes initiative to resolve them, and identifies root cause
- Shares information with peers and escalates issues to the CIO when appropriate
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to develop an in-depth understanding of complex issues
- Orientation toward continuous improvement with the goal of never seeing the same problem twice
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines while working independently
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail, and analytical skills in a multi-tasking environment
- Commitment to communicate, document, learn, and share knowledge with others
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
- Comfortable serving in a philanthropic enterprise and acting in accordance with the values of the foundation
- Strong customer service skills and empathy for the end-user experience for both customers and team members
Compensation includes a competitive base salary and an excellent employee benefits package. The position is based in Menlo Park, California. Telecommuting for this position is not an option.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to spend extended periods of time on the computer. The employee needs to be able to lift at least 40 pounds and will occasionally be required to crawl under desks, climb ladders, or move furniture.
Send a resume and cover letter with “IT Operations Coordinator” as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.